Pickup Stick 8'0"
Price includes 21% VAT
What are B-Grades?
Introducing the 8’0” Pickup Stick designed by Mike Olson with the help of Hendo. This beauty is built for amazing nose rides while still retaining a playful shortboard feel. A flat wide concave nose carries speed and glides through effortlessly long nose rides. Parallel rail lines through the body of the board insure trim speed. A rounded pin tail with the most rocker of any of our Pickup Sticks provides effortless turning, control and hold through high performance arcs off the tail. The bottom contour is part of what really makes this board magic… a forgiving catch-free chine runs along the rails from in-front of the fins all the way around the nose. A single concave to double V out the tail adds planing speed and allows the board to easily transition from rail to rail. Sounds complicated and it is but, all you need to know is how effortless and fun the board feels in a wide variety of small wave conditions.
How does it feel? ...the new 8’0” Pickup Stizzle rides much shorter than it looks standing on the tail and much longer and more stable than it looks standing on the nose... part mid-size, part full blown nose rider, guaranteed wave count elevator fun maximizer.
What are B-Grades?
*Fins NOT included
TECHNOLOGICALLY TOUGHER - environMENTALLY NICER!
Lib Tech is dedicated to board riding and hands on high tech board building. We have spent a lifetime of surfing, shaping and working with alternative, high performance, environmentally friendly materials and constructions. Traditional surfboard construction has always felt too fragile and the build process is toxic and unhealthy for the planet and craftspeople. We know there had to be a way...
THE EVOLUTION OF ecoIMPACTO
Mike Olson and our hands on craftsperson crew are constantly experimenting and working to improve our process and materials. The latest incarnation of our original ecoIMPACTO construction incorporates a new improved formula of our foam and refinements to our process that reduce weight and improve performance while retaining that “Dang Difficult to Ding” durability that relaxes your lifestyle, makes Lib Techs the best travel boards in the world and hold their value over time.
THE EVOLUTION OF
Our magical high performance rides… surf better and worry less.
NITROGEN CELL ECO UP-CYCLED FOAM
Strong, Light, Waterproof
- Environmentally friendly non ozone depleting Nitrogen blowing agent
- 25-40% Recycled content
- Won’t absorb water if you do get a ding (Closed cell)
- Elliptical engineered columnar cells provide toughness top to bottom and elasticity in side impact
- 100% of offcuts and shavings recycled into more foam
BIO-MATRIX PLANT BASED RESIN
Strong, Nice and Craftsperson Friendly
- Plant based glycerin chemistry
- Low VOC (shop smells nice)
- Surfs smooth and responsive (High performance)
- Impact resistant and resilient (Lasts a long time)
Tough & Resiliant
- High impact and break strength fiber
- Great rebound and memory
Light Weight Strengthner
- Made to Mike Olson specs, ideal to our process
- Craftsperson friendly
HEXYLON THERMO-FUSION HONEYCOMB POWER PANEL
Strong & Smooth
- Smooth riding vibration absorption layer
- Impact and ding resistant
CARBON POWER SPINE
Dynamic Energy & Long Lasting Flex
- Tension spread tow carbon fiber
- Rebound energy return
- Perfect flex tuning
LIB TECH LEASH PLUG
- 6061 T6 Aircraft aluminum pins
- Lightweight fiber composite cup
FUTURES® SINGLE 9” FIN BOX
9’ Standard size single fin boxs
- Fits traditional single fins